DDO Guild Rename FAQs
What is a Guild Rename?
A Guild Rename is a Premium Service that enables a guild leader of a guild to request a name change for their guild.
How much is a Guild Rename?
There is no cost for a Guild Rename. These are offered free to players who are either VIP or Premium players who have purchased DDO Points within the last 45 days.
What is the Guild Rename Policy?
Guild Rename Policy
This service will allow you to request a Guild Rename for DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Online™: Stormreach™. Please note that the Guild Rename services are subject to the following:
- The Guild Leader is making the request.
- The guild name selected as the desired name does not violate the Code of Conduct and is not currently being used.
- Standing Stone Games reserves the right to deny a request to rename a guild for any reason.
Guild Rename Disclaimers
- SSG reserves the right to deny a request to rename a guild for any reason.
What should I expect from the Guild Rename Process?
You won’t receive any confirmation your ticket is submitted, but it will be viewable for you until you’ve closed it. Once we’ve performed or updated the service, you will see an icon on your UI with the details, and, if completed, you will see the change.
How long will it take to process this service?
All Premium Service requests are processed in the order they are received. Turnaround can vary greatly, depending on the size of the queue.
What if another guild already has the guild name I want?
You are required to submit both your first and second choices for a new guild name. If both of these names are taken, you will be contacted via email to submit additional possible names for your guild.
Can I use the name ___________?
All Guild Renames must follow the same DDO Character Naming Policy.
If I change my name, can I be banned for it if it violates the Terms of Service (ToS) ?
Yes. All guilds renamed using the Guild Rename Service are still held by the bounds of the naming policy and ToS. Any violation will be handled in the same manner as an infraction by a guild that was not renamed.
Who can change my guild’s name?
Only the current leader of the guild has the ability to change the guild's name via a request.
I accidentally gave my guild leadership to someone else and they changed the name of the guild. If I get guild leadership back, can I change the name of the guild back to what it was?
Providing you get guild leadership back, you can submit a second Guild Rename request to change the name of your guild again. We cannot force a guild member to grant guild leadership to another guild member.
What are the restrictions on guild names?
- You must be the leader of the Guild.
- You can only have 2 open support tickets at a time.
- You must have access to In-Game Support. VIP members have full access to In-Game support, and Premium members retain full access for 45 days following the purchase of DDO Points. Once you have put in a ticket, we will assist with the completion of your request regardless of your status when the service is performed. Free members are not eligible for these services.
How do I request a Guild Rename?
To request a Guild Rename:
- Log into the game on your guild leader character
- Press Esc
- Click Help
- Click 'New Ticket'
- Select 'Premium Services' and 'Guild Rename'